Some parents believe that tooth decay is not a concern for the baby, and that care for his teeth can begin later on after he has fully grown. However, the effect of oral bacteria on the white teeth and on the gums has a negative effect, and early start cleaning the baby's mouth since birth protects the teeth that will grow later.
How to clean the baby's mouth?
- Start washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Use a piece of cotton or a very small cloth, wet with clean water, and wrap it around your finger.
- Put your finger inside the baby's mouth and wipe the upper and lower gums.
- When trying to insert your finger into the mouth of the little one do not use force to open it, just near your finger and wait until it is opened.
- If the baby tried to bite your finger do not get upset, and do not stop wiping and cleaning his gums, when he continues he will stop biting and used to the method of cleaning the mouth.
- Try to wipe and clean the corners of the mouth from the inside and the inner side of the child's cheek.